Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avant-Garde Metal

Go down 
+7
Goat
PerYngveOhlin
Death's Hand
Pistol
temo
Knightfall
Phil
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:39 am

Old thread is old.

Very old.

Though I still say Unexpect is the best, then followed by Patton's bands.
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

Number of posts : 2659
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:42 am

Any sane person says that Unexpect is fucking annoying and Mike Patton is an untalented man partly responsible for ruining metal.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:42 am

Since when has anyone given a shit about sanity?
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:45 am

In this case the word 'sane' is interchangable with 'intelligent'.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:05 pm

Since when has anyone given a shit about intelligence?
Back to top Go down
Death's Hand
Zombie
Death's Hand

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:46 pm

PerYngveOhlin wrote:
Any sane person says that Unexpect is fucking annoying and Mike Patton is an untalented man partly responsible for ruining metal.

That's the best damn joke I've heard in a LONG time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Number of posts : 5715

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:12 pm

PerYngveOhlin wrote:
In this case the word 'sane' is interchangable with 'boring'.
Fixed it a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://thesickness.freeforums.org/
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:36 pm

Phil wrote:
PerYngveOhlin wrote:
Fixed it a bit.

No, you really didn't. Avante-Garde music isn't 'fun' it isn't 'unique' and it isn't 'interesting'. It is just fucking annoying. Worst genre EVER. Shit bands, fucking stupid fans. 80-90% worse than Opeth fans.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:41 pm

PerYngveOhlin wrote:
Phil wrote:
PerYngveOhlin wrote:
Fixed it a bit.

No, you really didn't. Avante-Garde music isn't 'fun' it isn't 'unique' and it isn't 'interesting'. It is just fucking annoying. Worst genre EVER. Shit bands, fucking stupid fans. 80-90% worse than Opeth fans.
The thing is that 2 of the three modifiers you used are completely subjective. "Fun" and "interesting" are entirely in the perception of the listener. Of course you have already closed yourself off to what isn't really even a genre to begin with, but it doesn't mean others have and it's really not even a criticism at all. As for unique, it really depends on the band. But if your main criticism is that Avant-Garde music isn't unique, then why the FUCK do you listen to black metal?
Back to top Go down
Goat
Teh Lezboah
Goat

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:45 pm

I think my beef with the avant-garde or experimental label comes from the historical trend that many experiments fail ;d
Back to top Go down
Death's Hand
Zombie
Death's Hand

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:55 pm

PerYngveOhlin wrote:
Phil wrote:
PerYngveOhlin wrote:
Fixed it a bit.

Actually...it is 'unique', as well as innovative, and extremely 'interesting'...your opinion is just that, YOURS. Darkthrone fucking sucks even in terms of black metal standards(I dare say that's not even just my opinion), but you don't see me crying about it('til now). Just because your too afraid to step outside of the confines of your "fav" genre, doesn't mean the rest of us are.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:11 pm

I frequently listen to things other than black metal, in fact I listen to a little bit of pretty much everything that doesn't suck. There is no artistic merit or musical merit to anything in this terrible genre. Mike Patton is a fucking idiot who should be exterminated. Furthermore, Darkthrone is one of the best bands ever. They are clearly better than any band you like, unless you like Manilla Road.

@Phil I don't care about music being unique, all the words in parenthesis are mocking people that enjoy the genre, Avante-Garde faggots typically are Opeth fans on steroids with the pretentious 'I'm better and smarter than you because the music I listen to is complex'.

Last edited by PerYngveOhlin on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Goat
Teh Lezboah
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Guys you don't have to fight about genres D:! Just listen and love))
And yea Per's avatar is one of the best black metal albums, or at least of the Nordic variety.
Back to top Go down
Death's Hand
Zombie
Death's Hand

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:21 pm

I think there's a VAST difference in our respective definitions of what "suck" is...and yes, every band you like is clearly better than any band I do*snicker*, you're a funny guy, however...Knutfail, someone just took your spot.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:32 pm

No, I wouldn't say every band that I like is better than every one you like (unless you only like Avant-Garde shit) but Darkthrone is the second best band ever.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:37 pm

PerYngveOhlin wrote:
@Phil I don't care about music being unique, all the words in parenthesis are mocking people that enjoy the genre, Avante-Garde faggots typically are Opeth fans on steroids with the pretentious 'I'm better and smarter than you because the music I listen to is complex'.
Whether the music is truly "unique" is not the attribute that most fans of avant-garde are valuing when they use the word. The difference and variation is what some people are drawn to in the avant-garde genre. Maybe these aren't attributes you value, but it certainly doesn't make the music inferior because of this. Also, I fail to see why complexity is a bad thing.... I'm certain it can be overdone as can any such feature, but I rather hate simplistic music, and that IS overdone quite often.

Also, you didn't use even one parenthesis....I believe the term you're looking for is "quotations."
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Parenthesis, quotations, it doesn't matter. I'm still right and Avant-Garde is still dumb.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 2609
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:48 pm

Avant Garde is usually pretty terrible, save for a couple of bands.

Portal FTW.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:50 pm

PerYngveOhlin wrote:
Parenthesis, quotations, it doesn't matter. I'm still right and Avant-Garde is still dumb.
You should join a debate team. I'm certain you'd never lose, since belligerence is the key attribute required for the "sport."
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 pm

I was briefly on the debate team in high school, I got kicked off for debating the existence of God in a Catholic school. I actually was quite good about it, I convinced a Jewish student that Aryans are superior.

NORSK ARISK BLACK METAL!
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Number of posts : 2285
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:59 pm

I like Avant-Garde

Which probly Bring the case for it Sucking a Few more points
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:00 pm

temo wrote:
I like Avant-Garde

Dammit, Timmy. You're officially our debate team's Least Valuable Player this year.
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Number of posts : 2285
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:03 pm

Phil wrote:
temo wrote:
I like Avant-Garde

Dammit, Timmy. You're officially our debate team's Least Valuable Player this year.

HURRAY! I WIN A PRIZE
Back to top Go down
Goat
Teh Lezboah
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:05 pm

PerYngveOhlin wrote:
I was briefly on the debate team in high school, I got kicked off for debating the existence of God in a Catholic school. I actually was quite good about it, I convinced a Jewish student that Aryans are superior.

NORSK ARISK BLACK METAL!
SLAVA SUPERIOR

By the way hurry up and accept me on MSN Death's Hand.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:09 pm

I read that as Slavia and got excited, Slavia is cool shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avant-Garde Metal   Avant-Garde Metal - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Avant-Garde Metal
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next