Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disturbed!!

Go down 
+10
Haimerej
Apophis
DisturbedOne
Darkness
Phil
temo
Kyle
Blackwater-RiD
Zap!
Knightfall
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyle
Hopeless

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Disturbed!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:59 pm

Then I need the new one...
Back to top Go down
DisturbedOne
Zombie
DisturbedOne

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Yeah he only screams "Perfect Insanity" in the old version. And who else thinks The Night is gonna be another #1 single for Disturbed? I see this song charting better than Inside The Fire.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Hopeless

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:37 pm

I don't. I like them about even, The Night a little more, but I can tell you with a fair amount of confidence that Inside The Fire will remain the biggest hit off the album, unless possibly if Haunted is released, as that seems to be a fan fav.
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Number of posts : 2285
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:40 am

nah i think inside the fire will still be bigger
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Number of posts : 5715
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 9:53 am

ItF is getting on my nerves. It's far from the best song on the album and vastly overplayed.
Back to top Go down
http://thesickness.freeforums.org/
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 am

IT GET ON EVERYONES NERVES EVENTULLY
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:27 pm

I like The Night WAAAAAAAAAAY better than ItF, although I think ItF is more marketable to the less open-minded audiences singles are intended to attract, so I think while The Night is a better song, ItF will remain their most popular single off of the album
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:54 pm

indeed
Back to top Go down
DisturbedOne
Zombie
DisturbedOne

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Yeah Kyle, I see Haunted being released as a single as well, but I just think The Night is soooo much better than Inside The Fire and the chorus is so epic sounding that it kills Inside The Fire. Even the guys from the band have high hopes for this song. Idk, maybe it won't chart better than ItF, but I still see it becoming a number 1 single. Maybe just not as long at the position as ItF. I mean look at Indestructible, it charted better than ItF on every other chart except for the Mainstream and Modern Rock charts so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Hopeless

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 6:24 pm

Knightfall wrote:
I like The Night WAAAAAAAAAAY better than ItF, although I think ItF is more marketable to the less open-minded audiences singles are intended to attract, so I think while The Night is a better song, ItF will remain their most popular single off of the album

Are you fucking high???

Have you seen the video to ItF? Or listened to the lyrics of either songs?

While I agree ItF will stay the most popular single, how the hell that happened amazes me, frankly. It has nothing to do with how good the song is, its the fact that every since this new wave of pussified pussification came about, half the damn world gets fucking touchy when somebody makes a song about suicide. Especially Disturbed's approach.

Rise Above This by Seether, for example, although written before his brother's suicide, would be a radio friendly song about suicide because its about getting better, in a nutshell. ItF, though, is talking about the devil and portals and all this other "Demonic" shit that half the damned country usually flips out about. Of course I'm not dumb enough to think the song is demonic, but its goddamned Americans, half of them are brain dead. Throwing in the video to the mix, I'm suprised there weren't mass petitions calling for ItF's removal from the radio and banning it forever because "WE CAN'T LET OUR KIDS BE INFLUENCED BY THIS!!" and every other dumb excuse in the book.

So, in a nutshell, I agree with the idea that ItF will remain the most popular, but it is DEFINATELY not the most marketable. In fact, If I had heard the whole album before any singles were released, I would have thought ItF would have been the least marketable (I could be overexaggerating here. I'm listening to Tool atm and I can't think of every song on Indestructible's lyrics)

yay, rant!

and Yea, I agree it will become a number 1 single. Just not as popular as ItF.
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:36 pm

i am the only one who dosnt rant?
Back to top Go down
Zap!
Canadian Sensation
Zap!

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:38 pm

nope.
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:58 pm

yay
Back to top Go down
Zap!
Canadian Sensation
Zap!

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:03 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:10 pm

clown
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Hopeless

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:23 pm

temo wrote:
i am the only one who dosnt rant?

I don't think I've ever seen you make a 5 sentence post before, actually.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:31 pm

me neither, now that you mention it....
Back to top Go down
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

Number of posts : 1351

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:44 pm

Kyle wrote:
Knightfall wrote:

Are you fucking high???

Have you seen the video to ItF? Or listened to the lyrics of either songs?

While I agree ItF will stay the most popular single, how the hell that happened amazes me, frankly. It has nothing to do with how good the song is, its the fact that every since this new wave of pussified pussification came about, half the damn world gets fucking touchy when somebody makes a song about suicide. Especially Disturbed's approach.

Rise Above This by Seether, for example, although written before his brother's suicide, would be a radio friendly song about suicide because its about getting better, in a nutshell. ItF, though, is talking about the devil and portals and all this other "Demonic" shit that half the damned country usually flips out about. Of course I'm not dumb enough to think the song is demonic, but its goddamned Americans, half of them are brain dead. Throwing in the video to the mix, I'm suprised there weren't mass petitions calling for ItF's removal from the radio and banning it forever because "WE CAN'T LET OUR KIDS BE INFLUENCED BY THIS!!" and every other dumb excuse in the book.

So, in a nutshell, I agree with the idea that ItF will remain the most popular, but it is DEFINATELY not the most marketable. In fact, If I had heard the whole album before any singles were released, I would have thought ItF would have been the least marketable (I could be overexaggerating here. I'm listening to Tool atm and I can't think of every song on Indestructible's lyrics)

yay, rant!

and Yea, I agree it will become a number 1 single. Just not as popular as ItF.

May I rebuttal?

ItF is the most marketable, because whiny angst ridden teenagers will latch on to anything "dark" or "demonic" these days. It's like a new fad for kids these days. "Dark", "disturbing", and so called "taboo" things usually sell much more than "happy" and "cheery" and "family friendly!" shit, especially in the teenager demographic. And since some parents just like to spoil the shit out of their kids, they will get the new Disturbed album, even if it means getting the censored version.

After listening to ItF for the first time, the first thing I thought was "Oh, wow, now disturbed is hopping on the "song's about suicide" bandwagon. Their going to have double the teenage fanbase now, for sure!". And so far, that seems evident.
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:09 pm

indeed

disturbed gigs will now have no place for ayone who is 14+
Back to top Go down
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:25 pm

No,

More like 13+
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Hopeless

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 9:04 pm

temo wrote:
indeed

I fail to understand this. Disturbed concerts are now going to be crawling with 11 year olds or something?

As to RiD, I actually didn't think of it that way for some reason. I think it makes sense but I also think my points make just as much sense. When I've been awake longer than 11 minutes, maybe I could think of an arguement to defend them, but at the moment, I cannot. So....yea. Nice job. I don't usually give up this easily. Wink
Back to top Go down
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 9:29 pm

Kyle wrote:
temo wrote:
indeed

I fail to understand this. Disturbed concerts are now going to be crawling with 11 year olds or something?

As to RiD, I actually didn't think of it that way for some reason. I think it makes sense but I also think my points make just as much sense. When I've been awake longer than 11 minutes, maybe I could think of an arguement to defend them, but at the moment, I cannot. So....yea. Nice job. I don't usually give up this easily. Wink

Thank you for understanding my point, and not attacking me in a fit of defeat, like a lot of people do. I appreciate it Smile.

Your points are valid in some situations, just not this situation with Disturbed's ItF single, in my opinion at least.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:24 pm

Blackwater-RiD wrote:
Your points are valid in some situations, just not this situation with Disturbed's ItF single, in my opinion at least.
Yeah, I would certainly agree with this statement
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 4:07 am

i ment more teenagers would be there lol
Back to top Go down
Apophis
Stalker
Apophis

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:28 pm

Dang straight...they the best band ever....I really can't wait another year or two for them to get another album out...hopefully after MAAW IV they will head back in and write another masterpeice...
Back to top Go down
Http://disturbed2link.proboards.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed!!   Disturbed!! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Disturbed!!
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Mayhem :: Music :: Miscellaneous Music Discussion :: Rock-
Jump to: