Heidevolk was founded in September 2002, however it was originally named Hymir. They create folk-metal with clean vocals. Their music is inspired by nature, mythology and the history of Northern-Europe in general, and of the Dutch province of Gelderland in particular.
Characteristics of the band
Heidevolk is a band which distinguishes itself by its unique style that, amongst other things, is a mixture of:
* Bombastic vocals in Dutch
* The influences from folk music
* The bombastic slow rhythms alternated by brutal and fast parts
* The early-medieval/ pagan stage-act
* Lyrics about the history of paganism in the Netherlands, the Dutch province Gelderland and their love for nature.
Wherever Heidevolk goes, there will be pleasure. The ambiance of a performance by this band can be described as: men sitting around a long wooden table with an abundance of beer, meat and beautiful women.
Heidevolk is non-political and non-religious (naturally that means Heidevolk also excludes Satanism and Christianity).
My fave song is a full track on last fm. I recomend it