Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Band Shirts

Go down 
+6
Mrs. Jimmy Page
Goat
Phil
Master Cthulhu
Kerberos
Knightfall
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Band Shirts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 pm

You seriously should consider having that lobotomy done...
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Number of posts : 5715

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:17 pm

PerYngveOhlin wrote:
No man, Bungle isn't artistic. It is crap. Just like all Avant-Garde and Prog. With the obvious exceptions of Zappa and Rush.
No

Most people are born retarded, but others are destined to be mentally inept. You are one of the lucky few. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
http://thesickness.freeforums.org/
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:21 pm

Anything that's technical, isn't generic, or requires any degree of skill seems to bother him...
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:29 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Anything that's technical, isn't generic, or requires any degree of skill seems to bother him...
Ahhh, I was wondering why he was all over Marduk's cock.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 2609
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:42 pm

yargh. Skill doesn't matter, technical playing doesn't matter, and the bands he likes were the ones who created the generic forms of black metal...
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Skill doesn't matter? :huh: Takes skill to play any song worth hearing.
Back to top Go down
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

Number of posts : 1351

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:45 am

Does it take Artistic skill, yes. Does it take Physical/technical skill, as in "YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PLAY LIEK JEFF LOOOOMIS OR U SUCKS!", no.

And in Pery's defense, there are loads of crap Prog metal bands (I can't say the same for avant garde, because I don't listen to much of it). I've downloaded them, heard them, and swiftly deleted that crap from my system. And i've gone through tons of bands... tons. There are a some good gems, but Pery sadly disregards those, 'cept for Zappa and Rush.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:21 am

That's what I meant.

It takes skill to write a song, but doesn't mean anything if you just wank the guitar all the time.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

Number of posts : 2659
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:56 am

Niggerfail is silly. If I don't like anything that isn't generic then why do I like Zappa, Rush, Shining (Possibly some of the least generic black metal), Candlemass, etc? If you honestly say that it takes no skill to make good black metal then you need to look further into it. It takes almost no skill to make black metal, it takes tremendous skill to make good black metal.

As for the good prog bands, show me ones I haven't heard before that are good. If something from a shit genre is good it goes on my exception list, as it stands that list, for prog, consists of Frank Zappa and Rush.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:00 am

Listen to Ansata. The tracks on Myspace are top-notch.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:17 am

Ansata pleases me so far, they certainly got the vocal style right. If they stay as good as the first couple of songs on Myspace then they will end up on the exception list.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:55 am

Blackwater-RiD wrote:
Does it take Artistic skill, yes. Does it take Physical/technical skill, as in "YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PLAY LIEK JEFF LOOOOMIS OR U SUCKS!", no.

And in Pery's defense, there are loads of crap Prog metal bands (I can't say the same for avant garde, because I don't listen to much of it). I've downloaded them, heard them, and swiftly deleted that crap from my system. And i've gone through tons of bands... tons. There are a some good gems, but Pery sadly disregards those, 'cept for Zappa and Rush.
Of course, but many songs require some manner of skill to play even without such technical prowess/wankery. Skill doesn't relate to being able to just play really fast, it's being able to do a wide variety of things with the guitar such as classical style and other such. To say skill means nothing is uninformed and borderline retarded. A better phrasing would be that all the skill can't make up for badly written music, as the writing is the foundation of the song. But I don't think this was really the point to begin with and is more tangential to the argument at hand.

There's a lot of crap (insert genre/sub-genre here) bands. This is a tautology. It doesn't make the genre itself crappy, or else Black Metal would be the worst sub-genre known to man. Sure, some people may not be able to write good prog, but that's not the failure of the genre, merely the artist. The same holds true for avant-garde, though it is less appreciated on the whole than Prog, because it's not really a genre or sub-genre at all, but rather an assortment of bands who don't fit into any other genre and so get clumped into AG.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:15 am

Black metal may have a lot of shit, but most of that shit you will never hear. Even if you are into the genre. Most of the shitty black metal bands keep to themselves and are fine with their bedroom black metal project that might get 200 hits on Myspace. Prog and Avant-Garde seem to throw the crap at you while keeping the good stuff moderately underground (With the exception of Avant-Garde, as I have never heard good Avant-Garde). There must be good prog, but the only good artists that get any sort of respect are either really big names (Rush, Frank Zappa) or barely prog (Meshuggah). Ansata has already made me respect prog a great deal more than I did, but as far as I'm concerned prog takes too much energy to get to the good stuff to possibly be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:21 am

The bottomline is that you prefer different things in your music (won't list them as I don't really know them), but I prefer diversity, dynamics, uniqueness, skill, etc., which is what prog and avant-garde are best at. If this isn't what you look for most in music, you are likely to be less pleased with the genre than someone who is.
Back to top Go down
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

Number of posts : 1351

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Phil wrote:
Blackwater-RiD wrote:

Of course, but many songs require some manner of skill to play even without such technical prowess/wankery. Skill doesn't relate to being able to just play really fast, it's being able to do a wide variety of things with the guitar such as classical style and other such. To say skill means nothing is uninformed and borderline retarded. A better phrasing would be that all the skill can't make up for badly written music, as the writing is the foundation of the song. But I don't think this was really the point to begin with and is more tangential to the argument at hand.

This whole argument is tangential to the topic at hand. Band Shirts.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Jimmy Page
Stalker
Mrs. Jimmy Page

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Got a few more pics.

Some band shirts + 1 Zeppelin hoodie dress.

Band Shirts - Page 3 037-2
Band Shirts - Page 3 509
Band Shirts - Page 3 512
Band Shirts - Page 3 513
Band Shirts - Page 3 514

I flipped the second last one because I stupidly snapped it in the mirror instead of putting the camera on my table and I put my arm there to show the cool sleeve. The last pic is the hood. That shirt is a tad big (as you can see, I am swimming in it) but it was the last one so I didn't care, I HAD to get it.

More shirt pics to come, I'm just lazy atm.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Black Rain? :/

I'm a big Zeppelin fan, though.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:24 pm

Well, now I'm not completely certain as to whether or not I'll be getting those shirts from earlier, found some better ones.

Also this just came in the mail today along with the CD

Band Shirts - Page 3 3020TS_245
Back to top Go down
Goat
Teh Lezboah
Goat

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Mrs. Jimmy Page wrote:
Got a few more pics.
The hoodie dress is so cool.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm

Will be getting this next:

Band Shirts - Page 3 414PeFwzfqL._SS500_
Back to top Go down
Kerberos
Imperial Walnut Slayer
Kerberos

Number of posts : 6040
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Someone likes AN...

I intend to get a couple of band shirts for Uni. I must remember to order them...

Definitely getting this one.
Band Shirts - Page 3 001-026-014-F

Dunno what else I'll get.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Teh Lezboah
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Band Shirts - Page 3 Shining
Shinining... ^cover on front, Kvarforth on back. Probably going to convert it to a tube or tank.
Back to top Go down
Death's Hand
Zombie
Death's Hand

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:04 pm

I still don't get the draw to Anal Nutcrack. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Goat wrote:
*Halmstad shirt*
Shinining... ^cover on front, Kvarforth on back. Probably going to convert it to a tube or tank.

Fuck yes. Where did you buy it?
Back to top Go down
Goat
Teh Lezboah
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Dis-order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Shirts   Band Shirts - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Band Shirts
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next