Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scar Symmetry

Go down 
+9
Kerberos
Andantilus
DisturbedOne
Phil
temo
Fenrir
Kyle
Knightfall
Blackwater-RiD
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Scar Symmetry - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 10:15 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Blackwater-RiD wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
I'd say that Holographic Universe is easily their best, though the new one's pretty close IMO

Holographic Universe wasn't a scar symmetry album, it was a Christian Alvestam album with scar symmetry as a backing band.

Still an awesome album.

It's one of those albums that you like for about a few days and then realize "wow, why did I get all hyped up for this?". Meh album is meh. There are a few songs on there that are good, most of them are kind of album-filler crap.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624

PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 2:15 pm

I rather enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
The Great Wesdirect
Stalker
The Great Wesdirect

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:21 pm

I like Holographic Universe the best. How could you say it's a Christian Alvestam album with SS in the background? It's their most musically complex album, and my personal favorite.
Back to top Go down
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:32 pm

The Great Wesdirect wrote:
I like Holographic Universe the best. How could you say it's a Christian Alvestam album with SS in the background? It's their most musically complex album, and my personal favorite.

Correction: It's a Christian Alvestam and a Per Nilsson album with SS as a backing band.

Holographic Universe has a few musically complex songs, so complex they can't play half of them live (even with the new singers) Look at a few live videos of the drummer trying to play the song "Hologrphic Universe", and listen to how sloppy that mother fucker is. But I think the band as a whole left the door wide open for Christian Alvestam to do catchy vocal work, and for Per to do some neat prog/80's metal riffage and soloing.
Back to top Go down
Haimerej
Frustrated Novelist
Haimerej

Number of posts : 3010
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Blackwater-RiD wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
Blackwater-RiD wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
I'd say that Holographic Universe is easily their best, though the new one's pretty close IMO

Holographic Universe wasn't a scar symmetry album, it was a Christian Alvestam album with scar symmetry as a backing band.

Still an awesome album.

It's one of those albums that you like for about a few days and then realize "wow, why did I get all hyped up for this?". Meh album is meh. There are a few songs on there that are good, most of them are kind of album-filler crap.

I actually rather agree with RiD in this case. the album cover is epic, but definitely the best part of the album.

DMD ftw.
Back to top Go down
http://haimerej6.mybrute.com
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624

PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:17 pm

The Great Wesdirect wrote:

It's also some of the best material Alvestam has (which I do believe is what RiD was getting at).
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:29 am

Alvestam was the greatest thing Scar Symmetry had. He's also one of the main reason that band got so popular. If I hadn't listened to the vocal melody in the chorus of "Illusionist" I would have never started listening to this band.
Back to top Go down
Haimerej
Frustrated Novelist
Haimerej

Number of posts : 3010
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:16 pm

Blackwater-RiD wrote:
Alvestam was the greatest thing Scar Symmetry had. He's also one of the main reason that band got so popular. If I hadn't listened to the vocal melody in the chorus of "Illusionist" I would have never started listening to this band.

I rather think that it's scary we had the same jumping on point for this band....
Back to top Go down
http://haimerej6.mybrute.com
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Haimerej wrote:
Blackwater-RiD wrote:

I rather think that it's scary we had the same jumping on point for this band....

Well, I more or less had some underdeveloped music taste as you did. I listened to classical music, some foreign music, what my parents/friends/relatives listened too, and whatever was on the radio (sadly, that was one of the only resources for music that I had). It makes since that one of Scar Symmetry's most pop-vocal influenced song's would get me into this band. In fact Scar Symmetry, along with Behemoth, and Nevermore, bands started me on extreme metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scar Symmetry
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Mayhem :: Music :: Metal :: Death Metal-
Jump to: