Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mithril Hall

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerberos
Imperial Walnut Slayer
Kerberos

Number of posts : 6040
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:33 pm

New one-man band from California, does a style of black metal with influences from folk metal and symphonic metal, sounds quite like Summoning to me.

http://www.myspace.com/mithrilhall

I got the full album on MP3 from the band so I could review it, if anyone wants the guys email address so they can get the files I can PM it to you, since I don't think it's available for download anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Infection
Fenrir

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Great music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.headbangershaven.com
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 2:02 am

If you're looking for California black metal, most of it sucks. Minenwerfer is by far the best thing CA has to offer for black metal.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:46 am

Warluster wrote:
If you're looking for California black metal, most of it sucks. Minenwerfer is by far the best thing CA has to offer for black metal.

Leviathan.

I win.
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 4:33 pm

No, Leviathan sucks. Average at best. Ludicra is better.

Minenwerfer destroys all California black metal.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:16 am

You're fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:59 pm

No, you just don't know anything.

You're the one who is just getting introduced to all this extreme stuff. You still like a lot of the trendy stuff. Sure it's all pretty underground, but still pretty mainstream on the underground.
All the young black metal fans wet their pants for bands like Xasthur when in reality Xasthur is not doing anything new or special.

It's okay, you're already on your journey to liking better and better stuff. It just takes a while for some things.

Also, if you knew anything about Minenwerfer and their new album, you'd agree. Everyone on this site would poop themselves listening to it. It's the best things in many years in the scene. Ushering in a new age of extreme metal.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 2609
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:48 pm

I like Xasthur, but they aren't anything extraordinarily special.

Same goes for Striborg, who sound a bit similar. I just love the obscure sound of the music.
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:27 am

Yeah, that's pretty much my feelings about it.

Except that I really dislike Xasthur because that one guy in it is a complete idiot poser.

He's such a fucking loser. I read some of the interviews w/ him a long time ago. Oh my fuck.
He's totally whiny and tries SOOOO hard. Oooo, I'm dark and evil and suicidal and I hate life. Everything sucks, blah blah blah, death, blah blah blah, I touch children in the night.

It killed all the redeeming qualities in his music, which were few to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 2609
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:45 am

I choose not to learn about him, because of what I've heard. Not knowing of the guy who made the music makes it a bit more mysterious as well.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:52 am

Xasthur might not be very special, and the guy himself is admittedly rather annoying, based on what I've read, but the music itself is effective. It's good solid music. There isn't really a bad quality to be found in it. Nothing utterly mindblowing, but not nearly the absolute shit you make it out to be.

I may be relatively new to music in comparison to most of you, but I'm not just now getting introduced to it. I honestly don't give a shit about, nor do I pay attention to, the trendiness of anything I listen to. You base your opinions too much on factors other than the music itself. OK, the guy who makes it is a douche, but the music is good. His being a douche doesn't affect the sound, unless he changes it because of said douche-ness. So something is trendy. Again, if it is good music, the trend behind it doesn't affect that, unless the musician(s) behind it change to suit the trend.

I don't "wet my pants" over Xasthur, but I do enjoy listening to it. It gives a good atmosphere. I don't worship Malefic or fap to his music or parade around fanboying it. I listen to it, form an opinion, and state said opinion.

Regardless, I am as previously stated, somewhat new to this "scene". If you have any suggestions, I'm always willing to check them out and see where it gets should you offer them. Otherwise, do not waste my time lecturing me about why you think I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:57 am

Hmmm. Well, I can definitely respect what you've said.

I can assure you that I do NOT base how much I like something based on their status of "trendy" or "underground" or anything as ridiculous as that. I am aware of the status of bands, as I do like the scene, but that's not what determines whether something is good or not.
Music is indeed the most important factor.

I simply said what I said about Xasthur, because, as everyone agrees, the music is nothing special. I personally do not care for it. It seems like he basically has one good song and every other song is trying to be that song. I would normally leave it at that, but (1) I learned from those interviews what a total fag that guy is, and, seeing as how I didn't like his music that much in the first place, yes, it did increase the amount I disliked him and looked down on the music and (2) it just gets plain annoying with a lot of people that are fans of Xasthur. There's just SO many people who won't shut up about how fantastic he is, which makes it annoying and, again, makes me dislike him and his music more.

All of this just creates in me a hostile manner towards Xasthur.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Mithril Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mithril Hall   Mithril Hall EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:05 am

I can understand that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content