Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite drummer(s)

Go down 
+3
Phil
temo
Knightfall
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal\'s Baby
Little Man
Metal\'s Baby

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Favorite drummer(s) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite drummer(s)   Favorite drummer(s) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:40 am

Phil wrote:
Screamo drummers tend to be absolute shite from what i've seen. there are some really boring drummers out there. it's such a shame. Have you heard the Rev's band? Pinkly Smooth

I have. When I found out The Rev and Synyster Gates were members, I was straight out to get it. But I'll admit, it wasn't my cup of tea, but I'm actually still listening to them. I like the music, it's just the singing style I'm not too keen on.

Drummers like Moose (B4MV) and Tom Decker (Spineshank) definitely need more attention, especially now that Spineshank are returning. But I loves me drummers, so I might be a bit too biased about it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Number of posts : 5715
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Favorite drummer(s)   Favorite drummer(s) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:45 am

The Rev's singing blows haha. But i like the style better than A7x's. It's more avant-garde than the plain metal that Avenged Sevenfold has produced
Back to top Go down
http://thesickness.freeforums.org/
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Number of posts : 2285
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite drummer(s)   Favorite drummer(s) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:56 am

just something i wanted to know.what does avant-garde mean?
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Number of posts : 5715
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Favorite drummer(s)   Favorite drummer(s) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:15 am

Avant-garde comes from french and means Fore guard and is where we get the english word vanguard. It's used to mean anything that is pioneering a certain type of art or genre or anything that is breaking new ground in a certain area really. So for Avant-garde metal, it's basically breaking the rules that used to define metal in order to make it something new. In general explanation, that's what it is.
Back to top Go down
http://thesickness.freeforums.org/
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Number of posts : 2285
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite drummer(s)   Favorite drummer(s) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:23 am

ok thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite drummer(s)   Favorite drummer(s) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite drummer(s)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2