Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hiya Everyone!!

Go down 
+3
Phil
Blackwater-RiD
Metal\'s Baby
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal\'s Baby
Little Man
Metal\'s Baby

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Hiya everyone! I'm Mai, from sunny old England (*heavy sarcasm*). I'm 25 and a big fan of all things ROCK!! (Please tell me Fall Out Boy aren't considered rock here... Razz Laughing)

I'm a big fan of:

Spineshank
Avenged Sevenfold
Bullet For My Valentine
Trivium
Five Finger Death Punch
Godsmack
Disturbed
Evanescence
Slipknot
Stone Sour
Murderdolls
Drowning Pool
Killswitch Engage
Machine Head
Rammstein
Mad Capsule Markets
Silent Civilian
System Of A Down
Static-X
Linkin Park (Meteora and Hybrid Theory)
Papa Roach
Velvet Revolver
Seether
Shinedown (a few songs anyway)

So not many really... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:11 pm

Welcome to Metal Mayhem.

No, fall out boy is far from the good Rock, metal, or punk. It's Poppy shit.

Enjoy your stay, and get yourself acquainted to all sorts of heavy metal \m/
Back to top Go down
Metal\'s Baby
Little Man
Metal\'s Baby

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Blackwater-RiD wrote:
Welcome to Metal Mayhem.

Thanks for the welcome, babe.

And great! Some places I've been to, they've classed them as rock. Rolling Eyes

Thanks, I will. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

Number of posts : 1351

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
Blackwater-RiD wrote:
Welcome to Metal Mayhem.

Thanks for the welcome, babe.

And great! Some places I've been to, they've classed them as rock. Rolling Eyes

Thanks, I will. Very Happy

Well, they are technically pop "rock". But let's just disregard that Razz
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Number of posts : 5715

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:15 pm

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
I'm a big fan of:

Spineshank
Hiya Everyone!! 588759
I'm so glad they got back together! I stand a chance of seeing them live now, though unfortunately not on MAAWIV which I will have to miss due to classes. As for FOB, I like them Hiya Everyone!! 83518 though they're definitely not what I'd consider pure rock. their older stuff delivers much less suck than newer stuff imo.

Last edited by Phil on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thesickness.freeforums.org/
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Number of posts : 2285
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 1:59 am

rammestein rule!
Back to top Go down
Metal\'s Baby
Little Man
Metal\'s Baby

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:37 am

Phil wrote:

Hiya Everyone!! 588759
I'm so glad they got back together! I stand a chance of seeing them live now, though unfortunately not on MAAWIV which I will have to miss due to classes. As for FOB, I like them Hiya Everyone!! 83518 though they're definitely not what I'd consider pure rock. their older stuff delivers much less suck than newer stuff imo.

Yeah, Spineshank getting back together has been a long time coming. I'm actually bouncing around; I can't wait for when they finally release their new album.

Sorry about the Fall Out Boy thing. I'm not a fan...well, it's Pete Wentz really. I just think he's a bit up himself. You're right about their older stuff though. I didn't mind them when they weren't constantly shoved in my face wherever I go. Laughing

temo wrote:
rammestein rule!

I couldn't have said it better myself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:50 am

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
Phil wrote:

Hiya Everyone!! 588759

Yeah, Spineshank getting back together has been a long time coming. I'm actually bouncing around; I can't wait for when they finally release their new album.

Sorry about the Fall Out Boy thing. I'm not a fan...well, it's Pete Wentz really. I just think he's a bit up himself. You're right about their older stuff though. I didn't mind them when they weren't constantly shoved in my face wherever I go. Laughing
I can't wait either bounce I hope it's as good as either of their last two albums (Wasn't a huge fan of Strictly Diesel, though it was alright, just not to the caliber of the second two. (I'm sure some others feel the opposite though.)

Hahaha, there's no need at all to apologize about the FOB thing. I know alot of metalheads don't like them. I just think they get a bum rap because of their over-popularity. There's some of stuff that really isn't too bad if it weren't so over-hyped. But yeah, I know how annoying it can be when people try to shove them down your throats because ZOMG THEIR AWSOME!! (spelling mistakes intentional) So yeah, no need to apologize Wink
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:38 am

[quote="Metal's Baby"]
Phil wrote:

temo wrote:
rammestein rule!

I couldn't have said it better myself. Very Happy

id love to see them live,germans are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:32 am

wow, you really fucked up that quote timmy Razz
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:06 pm

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
(Please tell me Fall Out Boy aren't considered rock here... Razz Laughing)

Absolutely not Wink

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
I'm a big fan of:

Bullet For My Valentine
Trivium
Disturbed
Slipknot
Stone Sour

I love you
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Phil wrote:
wow, you really fucked up that quote timmy Razz

lol
Back to top Go down
ProduceSection
Aisle 9

Number of posts : 67

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:23 pm

Welcome! Nice to see you here.
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Murderdolls rule!

i went to see the wednesday 13 band monday night they were awesome!
Back to top Go down
Metal\'s Baby
Little Man
Metal\'s Baby

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 12:07 am

Long post alert!

Phil wrote:

I can't wait either bounce I hope it's as good as either of their last two albums (Wasn't a huge fan of Strictly Diesel, though it was alright, just not to the caliber of the second two. (I'm sure some others feel the opposite though.)

Hahaha, there's no need at all to apologize about the FOB thing. I know alot of metalheads don't like them. I just think they get a bum rap because of their over-popularity. There's some of stuff that really isn't too bad if it weren't so over-hyped. But yeah, I know how annoying it can be when people try to shove them down your throats because ZOMG THEIR AWSOME!! (spelling mistakes intentional) So yeah, no need to apologize Wink

Strictly Diesel wasn't originally one of my favourite albums either, but a few songs have grown on me. The Height Of Callousness has to be one of the greatest albums of heard in a long time, but I'm more Self-Destructive Pattern. I just hope that they can continue doing the same. I know they might not do Nu-Metal, but if they could make their songs as angry as they were, I'll be a happy girl. Very Happy

And thanks for understanding, I didn't mean to offend any Fall Out Boy fans. I just can't get on with them. I find it difficult to watch them when they're on the Rock music channels on Tv. They seem more suited to the more mainstream stations. And yeah, when I hear people screaming how great they are, I tend to get all Incredible Hulk. Laughing

temo wrote:

id love to see them live,germans are awesome!

I've heard some great stories about Rammstein live. Their shows are meant to be really epic. From pictures I've seen, I think it'd be a great show to see and a great atmosphere to be in.

Knightfall wrote:
Metal\'s Baby wrote:

Absolutely not Wink

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
I'm a big fan of:

Bullet For My Valentine
Trivium
Disturbed
Slipknot
Stone Sour

I love you

Great! I'm just glad to find somewhere where the main conversations going on aren't around how brilliant Fall Out Boy are. Like I said, I don't have a particular problem with the band, just the kids who think they're now rockers just because they like FOB. Evil or Very Mad Laughing

And I'm glad you approve. I think I'll be coming here more than my own forum if this is the welcome I get. Laughing

ProduceSection wrote:
Welcome! Nice to see you here.

Thanks for the welcome, babe. You've got a wacky username, by the way. Wink

temo wrote:
Murderdolls rule!

i went to see the wednesday 13 band monday night they were awesome!

I've only just started to hear their music around (UK gets everything so late, it's annoying), so I don't know a great deal, only that Joey Jordison is a member.

I can't believe a lot of you have seen so many great bands. I feel a little embarrassed to say I haven't seen any. But I'll have to settle for hearing all of your stories. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 1:50 am

Rammesteins live shows are epic,at something orother they came out of a giant vagina
Back to top Go down
Metal\'s Baby
Little Man
Metal\'s Baby

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 6:45 am

temo wrote:
Rammesteins live shows are epic,at something orother they came out of a giant vagina

I remember hearing about that. Laughing I remember reading an interview with Corey Taylor, and he said their shows are so bizarre, sometimes they actually injure themselves. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:57 am

Metal\'s Baby wrote:

Phil wrote:

Strictly Diesel wasn't originally one of my favourite albums either, but a few songs have grown on me. The Height Of Callousness has to be one of the greatest albums of heard in a long time, but I'm more Self-Destructive Pattern. I just hope that they can continue doing the same. I know they might not do Nu-Metal, but if they could make their songs as angry as they were, I'll be a happy girl. Very Happy

And thanks for understanding, I didn't mean to offend any Fall Out Boy fans. I just can't get on with them. I find it difficult to watch them when they're on the Rock music channels on Tv. They seem more suited to the more mainstream stations. And yeah, when I hear people screaming how great they are, I tend to get all Incredible Hulk. Laughing
Yeah, I like several songs alot, and i've always liked As My Guitar Gently Weeps, but overall, just not the love i have for the latter two albums. My fave songs are:

Slavery \m/
Smothered
Forgotten
New Disease (first song I heard and i was hoooked)
Synthetic

Don't worry, I won't be raving about FOB hahaha. My brother-in-law was drummer in a band with the lead singer though before he joined FOB. He has some funny stories with him haha.
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:31 am

Phil wrote:
Metal\'s Baby wrote:

Phil wrote:

Yeah, I like several songs alot, and i've always liked As My Guitar Gently Weeps, but overall, just not the love i have for the latter two albums. My fave songs are:

Slavery \m/
Smothered
Forgotten
New Disease (first song I heard and i was hoooked)
Synthetic

Don't worry, I won't be raving about FOB hahaha. My brother-in-law was drummer in a band with the lead singer though before he joined FOB. He has some funny stories with him haha.

awesome phil,ur brother must be awesome
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:55 am

Well, he's my bro-in-law, and he went to high school with the lead singer, so it was just a high school band
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
Metal\'s Baby wrote:

Absolutely not Wink

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
I'm a big fan of:

Bullet For My Valentine
Trivium
Disturbed
Slipknot
Stone Sour

I love you

Great! I'm just glad to find somewhere where the main conversations going on aren't around how brilliant Fall Out Boy are. Like I said, I don't have a particular problem with the band, just the kids who think they're now rockers just because they like FOB. Evil or Very Mad Laughing

And I'm glad you approve. I think I'll be coming here more than my own forum if this is the welcome I get. Laughing

Ah yes, we're big on welcoming the new members Wink and I agree completely about FOB, they're also very overrated.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 1:26 pm

overrated by the populace at large, overbashed by the metalheads. they just can't win haha.
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:34 pm

lol i think there alright *runs and hide* but there definatly not rock
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Meh, I don't HATE them, they're one of my best friend's favorite band, but even she admits they aren't rock
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:46 pm

cus they arnt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hiya Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiya Everyone!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Mayhem :: Forum Center :: Introductions-
Jump to: