Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hiya Everyone!!

Go down 
+3
Phil
Blackwater-RiD
Metal\'s Baby
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zap!
Canadian Sensation
Zap!

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
Hiya everyone! I'm Mai, from sunny old England (*heavy sarcasm*). I'm 25 and a big fan of all things ROCK!! (Please tell me Fall Out Boy aren't considered rock here... Razz Laughing)

I'm a big fan of:

Trivium
Five Finger Death Punch
Godsmack
Disturbed
Evanescence
Slipknot
Stone Sour
Killswitch Engage
Machine Head
System Of A Down
Linkin Park (Meteora and Hybrid Theory)
Papa Roach
Velvet Revolver
Seether

So not many really... Laughing

awsome taste in music. btw Knightfall is crazy about trivium. like i mean obsessed.
Back to top Go down
Zap!
Canadian Sensation
Zap!

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:26 pm

one thing me and Phil will have to work on is your intrest in TOOL. other than that your set
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

Number of posts : 5715

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:30 pm

indeed, well, Tool would be a great start. I have QUITE a few others as well haha
Back to top Go down
http://thesickness.freeforums.org/
Zap!
Canadian Sensation
Zap!

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:34 pm

right E.I.R. & TST....
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:11 pm

Dog Fashion Disco, Unexpect, RATM, Audioslave, Puscifer, The Haunted, Protest the Hero, Bleed the Sky, Diecast, August Burns Red, Lamb of God, etc., etc. If you want a pretty large list you can go to the What Bands Do You Listen To? thread Wink Still far from comprehensive
Back to top Go down
Blackwater-RiD
Retired Troll
Blackwater-RiD

Number of posts : 1351

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:28 pm

Phil wrote:
overrated by the populace at large, overbashed by the metalheads. they just can't win haha.

They aren't just "over" bashed by metalheads, ya know.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm not sure I know what you mean
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Number of posts : 2285
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 1:46 am

me neither,explain?
Back to top Go down
Metal\'s Baby
Little Man
Metal\'s Baby

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:46 am

Phil wrote:

Yeah, I like several songs alot, and i've always liked As My Guitar Gently Weeps, but overall, just not the love i have for the latter two albums. My fave songs are:

Slavery \m/
Smothered
Forgotten
New Disease (first song I heard and i was hoooked)
Synthetic

Don't worry, I won't be raving about FOB hahaha. My brother-in-law was drummer in a band with the lead singer though before he joined FOB. He has some funny stories with him haha.

Great choices, babe! I really can't say myself which are my favourites, but I worship the anger that is in Dead To Me (Self-Destructive Pattern)! Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 588759

And wow! Your brother-in-law? I bet it's amazing knowing someone as famous as Patrick Stump (Yes I know FOB's names, but not by choice Laughing).

Knightfall wrote:

Ah yes, we're big on welcoming the new members Wink and I agree completely about FOB, they're also very overrated.

Well, thanks anyway. It's not everyday that I hear "I love you" on my taste in music. Laughing

And yes they are. I'm sick of seeing them every time I turn on Kerrang! and Scuzz. They're meant to be ROCK channels. Evil or Very Mad

Zap! wrote:

awsome taste in music. btw Knightfall is crazy about trivium. like i mean obsessed.

Thank you, babe. It's great to know I'm no longer alone in my love of rock music.

And I guessed as much when Knightfall told me off on my forum for not starting a Trivium thread. Laughing

Phil wrote:
Dog Fashion Disco, Unexpect, RATM, Audioslave, Puscifer, The Haunted, Protest the Hero, Bleed the Sky, Diecast, August Burns Red, Lamb of God, etc., etc. If you want a pretty large list you can go to the What Bands Do You Listen To? thread Wink Still far from comprehensive

I'm not a huge fan of Audioslave, RATM and Lamb Of God, but I do like a few of their songs. I'm currently being introduced to Protest the Hero, who I do like so far, and Unexpect, who I don't really like but I'm sticking it out for a bit, but I really haven't heard of the others before. That's why I'm here, to broaden my taste in rock music. I only really know the more well-known bands at the minute, but I've already got three new albums from coming here and meeting all of you, so thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 5:25 am

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
Phil wrote:

Yeah, I like several songs alot, and i've always liked As My Guitar Gently Weeps, but overall, just not the love i have for the latter two albums. My fave songs are:

Slavery \m/
Smothered
Forgotten
New Disease (first song I heard and i was hoooked)
Synthetic

Don't worry, I won't be raving about FOB hahaha. My brother-in-law was drummer in a band with the lead singer though before he joined FOB. He has some funny stories with him haha.

Great choices, babe! I really can't say myself which are my favourites, but I worship the anger that is in Dead To Me (Self-Destructive Pattern)! Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 588759

And wow! Your brother-in-law? I bet it's amazing knowing someone as famous as Patrick Stump (Yes I know FOB's names, but not by choice Laughing).

Phil wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of Audioslave, RATM and Lamb Of God, but I do like a few of their songs. I'm currently being introduced to Protest the Hero, who I do like so far, and Unexpect, who I don't really like but I'm sticking it out for a bit, but I really haven't heard of the others before. That's why I'm here, to broaden my taste in rock music. I only really know the more well-known bands at the minute, but I've already got three new albums from coming here and meeting all of you, so thanks. Very Happy
Yeah, I love how he says: "Breaking DOWN, SELF- DESTRUCTIVE PATTERN!" in the song Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 588759

My brother-in-law really never brings it up, unless the conversation triggers some story haha. Like when he told me the story of how they both ran through Burger King from opposite sides in just their boxers during the middle of the day hahaha.

Audioslave and RAGE are amazing. I didn't like them at first, but Chris Cornell is just an amazing vocalist and Timmy C (bass) and Morello (guitar, duh) are flippin' incredible together. You should give them another chance, you may like some of their stuff. Protest the Hero is incredible. If you like them, check out also The Syncope Threshold (link in my signature, listen to exodus). Unexpect is bizzarely amazing. It's nothing like most bands and the female vocalist is incredible.
Back to top Go down
Metal\'s Baby
Little Man
Metal\'s Baby

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:28 am

Phil wrote:

Yeah, I love how he says: "Breaking DOWN, SELF- DESTRUCTIVE PATTERN!" in the song Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 588759

Oh you actually mean the song Self-Destructive Pattern. I was talking about Dead To Me on the same album. But I love that bit too. My neighbours, however, hate it....I don't know why though.... Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 611879

Quote :
My brother-in-law really never brings it up, unless the conversation triggers some story haha. Like when he told me the story of how they both ran through Burger King from opposite sides in just their boxers during the middle of the day hahaha.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I'll never look at the guy the same again. You've just made Fall Out Boy quite interesting, thanks, babe! Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 884464

Quote :
Audioslave and RAGE are amazing. I didn't like them at first, but Chris Cornell is just an amazing vocalist and Timmy C (bass) and Morello (guitar, duh) are flippin' incredible together. You should give them another chance, you may like some of their stuff. Protest the Hero is incredible. If you like them, check out also The Syncope Threshold (link in my signature, listen to exodus). Unexpect is bizzarely amazing. It's nothing like most bands and the female vocalist is incredible.

I'm currently going through everything I've got in my library (which is far too much to be normal...my ears are already bleeding Laughing), and RATM and Audioslave are amongst the lot. My taste in rock music is forever changing, and I already liked a few of their songs, so we'll see if I like any more...

As for TST, I'm waiting to get that but my brother pinched my new credit card (I've only had it two weeks and he's already going mad Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 87888 )...

Oh, I agree about Unexpected. From what I've heard so far, I don't deny they're talented and that singer is definitely amazing, but I didn't really like them. But I always give bands a chance, so as soon as I can, I'll be getting a few songs to listen to properly; FULL VOLUME!!! Laughing Couldn't do it on YouTube because my processor doesn't like me...Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 83518
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:42 am

Metal\'s Baby wrote:

Oh you actually mean the song Self-Destructive Pattern. I was talking about Dead To Me on the same album. But I love that bit too. My neighbours, however, hate it....I don't know why though.... Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 611879
Ahh, haha. Yeah I guess I missed the first bit and just saw the parenthetical haha. Love the hate-filled ending to Dead to Me, though.

Metal\'s Baby wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I'll never look at the guy the same again. You've just made Fall Out Boy quite interesting, thanks, babe! Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 884464

Glad to be of assistance, haha.

Metal\'s Baby wrote:

I'm currently going through everything I've got in my library (which is far too much to be normal...my ears are already bleeding Laughing), and RATM and Audioslave are amongst the lot. My taste in rock music is forever changing, and I already liked a few of their songs, so we'll see if I like any more...

As for TST, I'm waiting to get that but my brother pinched my new credit card (I've only had it two weeks and he's already going mad Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 87888 )...

Oh, I agree about Unexpected. From what I've heard so far, I don't deny they're talented and that singer is definitely amazing, but I didn't really like them. But I always give bands a chance, so as soon as I can, I'll be getting a few songs to listen to properly; FULL VOLUME!!! Laughing Couldn't do it on YouTube because my processor doesn't like me...Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 83518
I have quite a large library as well, would take me almost a month to get through it haha. 9700 songs, 50 GB, 27.3 Days, 550 artists, 1000 Albums, 40 genres.

My favorite Audioslave songs:

Show Me How To Live
Shadow On The Sun
I Am The Highway
The Curse

Favorite RATM songs:

Know Your Enemy (Feat. Maynard from TOOL!)
Wake Up (how he screams it at the end is sooo impassioned)
Down Rodeo
Sleep Now In The Fire

As for TST, didja listen to Exodus on their Myspace? And if so, how did you like it?

It's cool, not everyone can get into a band like Unexpect. Maybe later on you'll like it. Just keep trying to expand your musical tastes. We can't all like everything at once. I'm still trying to get into all music (an impossible task, but my quest haha)
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:01 am

thats a pretty big libary phil Shocked no bombtrack,killing in the name or bull on parade on your list?for shame Razz
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:09 am

That's what she said Wink

bombtrack's great. Killing in the Name is overrated. Bulls on Parade is catchy, but everyone knows it anyway.
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:26 am

bombtracks there best song (in my opinian)

KITN is overrated,yet still good
and BOP is awesome
Back to top Go down
Phil
Grammar Nazi
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:34 am

I only put 4 songs, so it's hard to include all the good ones Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 83518 The whole self-titled CD is bloody brilliant. KITN isn't worth mentioning in a best of, since it's highly repetitive, though still well constructed. BOP is too well known to be one i'd feel needs suggesting.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 1:05 pm

Phil wrote:
I'm not sure I know what you mean

*raises hand* I know! He means that they aren't OVERbashed, that they deserve every bit of bashing the receive Wink
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
Knightfall wrote:

Ah yes, we're big on welcoming the new members Wink and I agree completely about FOB, they're also very overrated.

Well, thanks anyway. It's not everyday that I hear "I love you" on my taste in music. Laughing

And yes they are. I'm sick of seeing them every time I turn on Kerrang! and Scuzz. They're meant to be ROCK channels. Evil or Very Mad

Yeah, the only thing you've mentioned about taste in music that I disagree with is not liking Unexpect. And FOB is ACTUALLY played on those?! Shocked it must be worse than I thought...

Metal\'s Baby wrote:
Zap! wrote:

Thank you, babe. It's great to know I'm no longer alone in my love of rock music.

And I guessed as much when Knightfall told me off on my forum for not starting a Trivium thread. Laughing

Trivium RULEZ! Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 588759
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 1:58 pm

yes knight we know Trivium rulez
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:07 pm

temo wrote:
yes knight we know Trivium rulez

I just love remindin ya
Back to top Go down
Zap!
Canadian Sensation
Zap!

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:13 pm

there is no need.
trust me.
your avvy is a constant reminder. you need do no work, be that lazzy ass you know you are.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:18 pm

You're lucky I don't have more advanced software or there'd be a much bigger reminder in my siggy Wink
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:44 pm

we dont need reminding anyway,everyone knows Trivium rulez
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone!!   Hiya Everyone!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiya Everyone!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Mayhem :: Forum Center :: Introductions-
Jump to: