Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Liek Boris

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kirakishou
Einsatzkommando
Kirakishou

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-07-13

I Liek Boris Empty
PostSubject: I Liek Boris   I Liek Boris EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Surprised no one made a thread about this amazing Trio.

Coming at you from Tokyo, Japan. Boris, a band with massive amounts of musical A.D.D always surprising us with a new style every few releases. With their epic hour long Drone songs that take you into another world or their 60's Garage Rock albums that level your face with their bombastic agressive deliverance to their almost Noise/Ambient Goliaths.
Now being a guitarist, although I play all instruments, I have a real soft spot for Wata who makes up some of the greatest Guitar pieces ever. She can be depressing, morbid, rockin', and shredding from one second to another. And plus its actually a FEMALE who can really play, unlike all those talentless Female Bassists in every other band, this girl really holds her own and kicks your fucking ass.
I fucking lost count of how many releases Boris has, well over 30 releases to date with collaborations and splits scattered throughout their extensive discography.

Recommended Releases:
Akuma No Uta
Amplifier Worship
Heavy Rocks
Pink
Boris At Last - Feedbacker
A Bao a Qu *Single*
Statement *Single*

There are also a few tracks of Boris with Merzbow on Youtube which are live that are really good, especially the cover of PYG's song "Flower, Sun, Rain".

Metal Archives Page: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=9387
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 2609
Registration date : 2009-08-04

I Liek Boris Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Liek Boris   I Liek Boris EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Boris is awesome.

Though, this probably goes in the Doom page, since most of their stuff is doomish.
Back to top Go down
Kirakishou
Einsatzkommando
Kirakishou

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-07-13

I Liek Boris Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Liek Boris   I Liek Boris EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Nah its not really Doomy Enough to be pigeonholed into Doom. I would say Experimental because they just do whatever they want whenever they want plus they collaborate with Merzbow bringing in more Noise/Drone stuff. Although if you just listen to some stuff you could maybe mistake it for Doom I guess.

And yes Boris IS awesome.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

I Liek Boris Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Liek Boris   I Liek Boris EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:56 am

Great band
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

I Liek Boris Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Liek Boris   I Liek Boris Empty

Back to top Go down

I Liek Boris
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Mayhem :: Music :: Miscellaneous Music Discussion :: Avant-Garde/Experimental-
Jump to: