Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!

Go down 
+2
Master Cthulhu
Kirakishou
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kirakishou
Einsatzkommando
Kirakishou

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:16 pm

What amps do you homos use/want/hate/recommend.

Currently I use a piece of trash Line6 Spider 2 75 watt Guitar Combo Amplifier that my Guitar and Bass go through. I use a 20(maybe 15???) watt Marshall combo amp for my vocals which has built in effects and crap like that.

I want a fucking ORANGE amplifier for guitar. I don't know much about Bass Amps but I would want probably a 300 Watt Bass Amp and I would buy a distortion pedal as well to give it that Cronos of Venom/Pete Steel from Carnivore sound I love so much.

Also I played on a Marshall AVT150(could have been 1500, I do not remember) Half Stack which was also really nice, the tone was magnificent and it went really loud. I don't remember but I am sure it was Tube or half Tube....beats me it wasn't mine. I would recommend that if you want to get a nice loud amp, although it is rather expensive since it isnt some crappy combo and plus people at Marshall are Kikes, but its really good.

Fuck Crate, I played on a combo and blew it out. They might have better amps now, but boy that one sucks.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 2609
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:17 pm

I have a really tiny crate amp.

I'm looking into an Orange, from what I've heard about them.

If I could, I would get a Sunn, but they are pretty rare/expensive.
Back to top Go down
Kirakishou
Einsatzkommando
Kirakishou

PostSubject: Re: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:22 pm

I never checked out Sunn actually, I really love ORANGE because of their fucking tone, its got that delicious Doomy Crunch to it that just bleeds Badassery. Orange Amps are retardedly priced. I would love to be like Sponsored by them so I could have like 5 Orange Amps and connect them alltogether and play guitar with them all up to 10 at once while they surround me and just go insane.
Your tiny crate amp will be fine, the one I played on was I think 75 or 100 watts and when I played it the thing had problems with it already, some short in the fucking thing. And I was going nuts and feedback soloin and shit and then it was like NAW NIGGUH NAAAAAAAAAW *Boom*.
Back to top Go down
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Number of posts : 2285
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:54 am

i have a marshall mg100 fx
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:26 pm

My amp isn't working at the moment...
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

Number of posts : 2659
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:35 pm

I lent my amp to a friend after my bass got it's shit fucked up at the repair shop. Shit sucks. It is a shitty Peavey Max 158.
Back to top Go down
Kirakishou
Einsatzkommando
Kirakishou

PostSubject: Re: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Peavy can be good, this kid I knew had one and it was pretty fucking loud. He had to use a distortion pedal though since something was wrong with it. Knightfall what amp do you own that isn't working?
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

Number of posts : 2659
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Peavey can be good, this one was not.
Back to top Go down
Kirakishou
Einsatzkommando
Kirakishou

PostSubject: Re: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Thats unfortunate. You know what I wish I could find? Mercyful Fate's equipment list from the 1981-1984 era, omg they had such an amazingly full sound with the guitars and they weren't even distorted that much. I would love to get that sort of sound on an amp, I get some bullshit half assed version when I turn the GAIN down alot and put the bass one third up, mid about halfway and the treble all the way with half up reverb and a bit of chorus but it still lacks that chunky volume even when my tone knob is down on my guitar. They should make vintage sounding amps and stick to all Tube and no solid states and they should come with an Overdrive channel and a Distortion channel because that would be sweet. Although only I should own it, because every other band in the world is too gay to own such a masterpiece of musical engineering.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Infection
Fenrir

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 7:52 am

I have a 100 watt Line 6 Flextone 2. Awesome amp
Back to top Go down
http://www.headbangershaven.com
temo
Lord of the Manor
temo

Number of posts : 2285
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:57 pm

On the Crate side of things

I Played a Crate stack the other day

It was fucking horrible

and its there current Model

I complained and we got put in a diffrent rehersal room with a Fender FM 100

and a Half stack version of my combo

JACKPOT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!   Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Amplifiers, Amplifiers, AMPLIFIERS!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Mayhem :: Music :: Musician Central-
Jump to: