The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Fleurety (best vocals ever)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 2609
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Fleurety (best vocals ever) Empty
PostSubject: Fleurety (best vocals ever)   Fleurety (best vocals ever) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Apparently they permanently damaged his voice.

Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

Number of posts : 2659
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Fleurety (best vocals ever)   Fleurety (best vocals ever) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:39 pm

Good band is good. If I had a 'Pery Stamp of Official Approval' this band, and therefore this thread, would get it.

By the way, Fleurety is one of those bands that you don't inform people that you like, it is too ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Fleurety (best vocals ever)   Fleurety (best vocals ever) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:43 pm

It's like trying to make friends by telling them the story of Varg Vikernes and Euronymous.

Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

Number of posts : 2659
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Fleurety (best vocals ever)   Fleurety (best vocals ever) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:48 pm

I've actually explained it to someone who inquired about my Mayhem shirt at work, but I don't think anyone realized what the fuck I was talking about. People are dumb, no one gets it when I quote Crowely, Bundy, Gein, or Dahmer either. Uneducated bastards.
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Fleurety (best vocals ever)   Fleurety (best vocals ever) EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 am

That's because you're quoting a bunch of intelligent but psychotic people. Also, many people aren't cultured anyways. Or aware of the underground.

I can't figure out if Fleurety's vocals are cool or just ridiculous. I heard them a year ago or so and at the time I just laughed. It sounds like a car screeching.
Pretty much on the same level as the vocals from Silencer. In any case, both singers have unique vocals, which I guess I can at least respect, if not completely appreciate.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Fleurety (best vocals ever)   Fleurety (best vocals ever) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:05 am

Great band. A Darker Shade of Evil and their debut album are really good. I still have yet to listen to their more Experimental later works, though.

Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Fleurety (best vocals ever)   Fleurety (best vocals ever) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:10 am

I've only listened to A Darker Shade of Evil.

I'll get to the other stuff eventually.

Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Fleurety (best vocals ever)   Fleurety (best vocals ever) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:23 am

Apparently after Min Tid Skal Komme they switched over to a more Avant-Garde sound, but I've yet to check it out for myself.

As for Min Tid itself, it doesn't have the amazing vocals from A Darker Shade of Evil because just doing the two songs from it damaged him to the point where he can't do vocals anymore (I been readin and shit), but it's still a really great album. The instrumentals are excellent, and the harsh vocals suit their purpose. Also, there be a female voice singing in parts of it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fleurety (best vocals ever)   Fleurety (best vocals ever) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fleurety (best vocals ever)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Mayhem :: Music :: Metal :: Black Metal-
Jump to: