Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are we dead?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Haimerej
Frustrated Novelist
Haimerej

Number of posts : 3010
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Are we dead? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we dead?   Are we dead? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Kerberos wrote:
And I moved this here so people can still post in it while the admins (read: me) clean up the place a bit, since I don't think regular members can post in the Rules and Announcements board, where I planned to send this topic.

Actually, Hammy, can you try posting/replying in the Rules and Announcements Board?

Trying to find out if you got the settings right? I guess I can try.
Back to top Go down
http://haimerej6.mybrute.com
Haimerej
Frustrated Novelist
Haimerej

PostSubject: Re: Are we dead?   Are we dead? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:24 pm

Haimerej wrote:
Kerberos wrote:
And I moved this here so people can still post in it while the admins (read: me) clean up the place a bit, since I don't think regular members can post in the Rules and Announcements board, where I planned to send this topic.

Actually, Hammy, can you try posting/replying in the Rules and Announcements Board?

Trying to find out if you got the settings right? I guess I can try.

I posted, guess you didn't get it right?
Back to top Go down
Kerberos
Imperial Walnut Slayer
Kerberos

Number of posts : 6040
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Are we dead?   Are we dead? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Actually I didn't do anything, but I guess I'll leave it like that, since it's probably good if members can post in that board. Just gotta find a way to put the stickies at the top of the heap now...

Thank you very much Hamster.
Back to top Go down
Haimerej
Frustrated Novelist
Haimerej

PostSubject: Re: Are we dead?   Are we dead? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Kerberos wrote:
Actually I didn't do anything, but I guess I'll leave it like that, since it's probably good if members can post in that board. Just gotta find a way to put the stickies at the top of the heap now...

Thank you very much Hamster.

You're... welcome?

Why do I all of a sudden feel like I've got the Sword of Damocles hanging over me?
Back to top Go down
Kerberos
Imperial Walnut Slayer
Kerberos

PostSubject: Re: Are we dead?   Are we dead? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:31 pm

If I knew what that was I could tell you.
Back to top Go down
Haimerej
Frustrated Novelist
Haimerej

PostSubject: Re: Are we dead?   Are we dead? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:48 pm

wikipedia wrote:
The Damocles of the anecdote was an obsequious courtier in the court of Dionysius II of Syracuse, a fourth century BC tyrant of Syracuse, Italy. Pandering to his king, Damocles exclaimed that, as a great man of power and authority surrounded by magnificence, Dionysius was truly extremely fortunate. Dionysius then offered to switch places with Damocles, so that Damocles could taste that very fortune first hand. Damocles quickly and eagerly accepted the King's proposal. Damocles sat down in the king's throne surrounded by every luxury, but Dionysius arranged that a huge sword should hang above the throne, held at the pommel only by a single hair of a horse's tail. Damocles finally begged the tyrant that he be allowed to depart, because he no longer wanted to be so fortunate.
Back to top Go down
Kerberos
Imperial Walnut Slayer
Kerberos

PostSubject: Re: Are we dead?   Are we dead? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:56 pm

I like the anecdote but fail to see the relevance.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

Number of posts : 2659
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Are we dead?   Are we dead? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 am

Kerberos wrote:
I like the anecdote but fail to see the relevance.

It isn't relevant at all.

To answer your previous question, yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we dead?   Are we dead? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are we dead?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2