Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Video Games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Haimerej
Frustrated Novelist
Haimerej

Number of posts : 3010
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Video Games   Video Games EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:55 am

What are some of your favorites, or ones you are playing right now?

I just finished Portal for about the 5th or 6th time and noticed Mike Patton in the credits. Turns out, he did the voice for that last sphere to come off of GLaDOS at the end, that one that keeps snarling and growling and all that.

And some of my favorites games;

Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Test Drive (PS2)
SoulCalibur IV (XBox 360)
Burnout: Revenge (PS2)
Guitar Hero (all of PS2 versions)
And last but not least...
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Back to top Go down
http://haimerej6.mybrute.com
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

Number of posts : 2659
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:53 pm

You play lame video games.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:19 am

Mass Effect (360)
F.E.A.R. (360)
Left 4 Dead (360)
Bioshock (360)
Jade Empire (PC)
Spelunky (PC)
I Wanna Be The Guy (PC)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Call of Duty (360)
Elder Scrolls (PC/360)
Knights of the Old Republic (PC/Xbox)

etc.
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Haimerej
Frustrated Novelist
Haimerej

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Mass Effect (360)
F.E.A.R. (360)
Left 4 Dead (360)
Bioshock (360)
Jade Empire (PC)
Spelunky (PC)
I Wanna Be The Guy (PC)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Call of Duty (360)
Elder Scrolls (PC/360)

etc.

Mass Effect 2 was better
haven't yet played it
heard good things about it but never got the chance to play it
same as last
never heard of it
same as last
WTF that game is so annoying, how far can you get in it?
I like that they started using real voices in that one, but little more than that.
which is your favorite?
same as last
same as last
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Haimerej wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
Mass Effect (360)
F.E.A.R. (360)
Left 4 Dead (360)
Bioshock (360)
Jade Empire (PC)
Spelunky (PC)
I Wanna Be The Guy (PC)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Call of Duty (360)
Elder Scrolls (PC/360)

etc.

Mass Effect 2 was better
haven't yet played it
same as last
never heard of it
same as last
I like that they started using real voices in that one, but little more than that.
which is your favorite?
same as last
same as last

Mass Effect 2 was better for non-combat related things, but I hate how much of the customization and tactical fighting EA took out from the first, which is my favorite game.

Never heard of Jade Empire?! Shameful. Easily my favorite past-time, and if you like Bioware's other games (ME, KotOR, etc) it's a must-play.

IWBTG is awesome in a masochistic self-loathing kinda way. I've beaten it once, and that was a pain, but I just can't stop playing it sometimes.

I found X very creative and I love combat system and animations. It was the first FF I've played and the only I've finished so far, it's my girlfriend's favorite game and so she had me play it. The only others I've played so far are X-2, which I just haven't gotten around to finishing and XIII, which I'm stuck on. I'm not a huge Final Fantasy person, at least not yet, so I'm not overly critical of which is the best. I want to get some of the older ones that a friend recommended to me, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Favorite CoD is 4.

Favorite Elder Scrolls is Daggerfall, although I haven't played it much because I can't get it to work on my PC very well anymore. Haven't gotten Arena yet, my copy of Morrowind doesn't work anymore, I played Oblivion until my brain melted back when I first got my 360, and I can't fucking wait for Skyrim.

Favorite KotOR is the first one. While I hate how long Taris takes to get through, the rest of the game is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Haimerej
Frustrated Novelist
Haimerej

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Haimerej wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
Mass Effect (360)
F.E.A.R. (360)
Left 4 Dead (360)
Bioshock (360)
Jade Empire (PC)
Spelunky (PC)
I Wanna Be The Guy (PC)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Call of Duty (360)
Elder Scrolls (PC/360)

etc.

Mass Effect 2 was better
haven't yet played it
same as last
never heard of it
same as last
which is your favorite?
same as last
same as last

Mass Effect 2 was better for non-combat related things, but I hate how much of the customization and tactical fighting EA took out from the first, which is my favorite game.

Never heard of Jade Empire?! Shameful. Easily my favorite past-time, and if you like Bioware's other games (ME, KotOR, etc) it's a must-play.

IWBTG is awesome in a masochistic self-loathing kinda way. I've beaten it once, and that was a pain, but I just can't stop playing it sometimes.

I found X very creative and I love combat system and animations. It was the first FF I've played and the only I've finished so far, it's my girlfriend's favorite game and so she had me play it. The only others I've played so far are X-2, which I just haven't gotten around to finishing and XIII, which I'm stuck on. I'm not a huge Final Fantasy person, at least not yet, so I'm not overly critical of which is the best. I want to get some of the older ones that a friend recommended to me, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Favorite CoD is 4.

Favorite Elder Scrolls is Daggerfall, although I haven't played it much because I can't get it to work on my PC very well anymore. Haven't gotten Arena yet, my copy of Morrowind doesn't work anymore, I played Oblivion until my brain melted back when I first got my 360, and I can't fucking wait for Skyrim.

Favorite KotOR is the first one. While I hate how long Taris takes to get through, the rest of the game is amazing.

How much is Jade Empire? I might be getting some money soon so I've gotta prioritize things, but if it's low enough cost I might grab it.

I VERY MUCH recommend Final Fantasy XII, XIII was a big disappoint to me, I haven't finished it yet. It felt more like I was watching a movie than actually playing a game. XII has good graphics, a GREAT storyline, awesome dialogue, a good cast, some very good voice actors, and an innovative combat system. It didn't feel like watching a movie at all, and the game was very smooth overall. All in all, my favorite Final Fantasy, and I have Final Fantasy VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XII, and played XIII at a friends place.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:35 pm

The xbox version you can get for under $10 and the PC special edition for about $15. Both are on Amazon. I'd recommend the latter, since it's got a lot more content and the extra $5 is worth it. It's an older game, but a damn great one.

The only things I really don't like about XIII are how linear it is, and how difficult it is. The lack of any real exploration makes me sad. Last time I played it I'd just finished celebrating my first victory against Barthandelus after fighting him somewhere around 20 times and was already facing Cid Raines. I still haven't beaten him. I'll look into XII, though I've already been recommended VI-IX and will probably go with those first, for cost's sake.
Back to top Go down
Haimerej
Frustrated Novelist
Haimerej

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:26 am

Knightfall wrote:
The xbox version you can get for under $10 and the PC special edition for about $15. Both are on Amazon. I'd recommend the latter, since it's got a lot more content and the extra $5 is worth it. It's an older game, but a damn great one.

The only things I really don't like about XIII are how linear it is, and how difficult it is. The lack of any real exploration makes me sad. Last time I played it I'd just finished celebrating my first victory against Barthandelus after fighting him somewhere around 20 times and was already facing Cid Raines. I still haven't beaten him. I'll look into XII, though I've already been recommended VI-IX and will probably go with those first, for cost's sake.

for costs sake? My copies of VIII and IX were 40 bucks each, I got a collectors edition of XII for 20. Good luck with that. The VI-IX games are considered classics and are priced as such. You'll probably need especially good luck finding a copy of VII for anything less than 70 bucks.

Yah sorry I only got 20 bucks this time, and I need to get a new mouse. Thankfully though, I should be getting a whole lot more next time, so I might be able to get it.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:49 pm

Stores around here price things based on age, regardless of how good they were. Especially games for old gen consoles. I doubt I'll have to go higher than $10 each for any of them. The tricky part will be finding them period.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Video Games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Mayhem :: Life Outside of Music :: General Discussion-
Jump to: