Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite variant of punk

Go down 
+5
PerYngveOhlin
Fenrir
temo
Blackwater-RiD
Knightfall
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

Number of posts : 2659
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Your favorite variant of punk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite variant of punk   Your favorite variant of punk - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Warluster wrote:
I'm surprised Per doesn't like crust. It was influenced by early black metal and in turn influenced early black metal. Both genres have infl. each other through the years. Not to mention you have this whole black/crust movement right now.

I am tolerant of crust punk, but crusties themselves piss me off. I don't really like the current black/crust trend with the exception being Darkthrone, and even then it took me a crazy amount of time to warm up to it. If you look at the Darkthrone thread I wrote way back when (I'm actually thinking of rewriting that one) I omitted FOAD and Dark Thrones and Black Flags, I like them now, quite a bit actually, FOAD is tied for my fifth favourite Darkthrone album.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 2609
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite variant of punk   Your favorite variant of punk - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:20 pm

FOAD is the best Darkthrone album.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite variant of punk   Your favorite variant of punk - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Nope, ABitNS, UaFM, TH, and Panzerfaust are all better, and Sardonic Wrath is just as good.
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite variant of punk   Your favorite variant of punk - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:47 am

There's retards in every scene. Don't let something arbitrary like that keep you away from a genre of music. I love crust punk. Obviously it's changed a lot over the years, but I started with Amebix, the first crust band, and they basically sound a good deal like Venom, but more punk. So I really got into that. Then I listened to newer stuff, like Skitsystem. Since then I've listened to a lot in between and basically liked everything.

I personally love the new black/crust movement. Most people just know Iskra, and they are good, but there's actually a ton of fantastic bands to have come out of it.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite variant of punk   Your favorite variant of punk - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:01 am

For the most part I like my black metal pure, fusion genres suck. Feels a bit too much like race mixing which is slowly killing my heritage!
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite variant of punk   Your favorite variant of punk - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:58 pm

PerYngveOhlin wrote:
For the most part I like my black metal pure, fusion genres suck. Feels a bit too much like race mixing which is slowly killing my heritage!

Trying way too hard.
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite variant of punk   Your favorite variant of punk - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Trying way too hard.

Niggering it up way to hard.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite variant of punk   Your favorite variant of punk - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Further proof.
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 2609
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite variant of punk   Your favorite variant of punk - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:33 pm

http://cuntcast.tk/

listen to episode 8(8.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite variant of punk   Your favorite variant of punk - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite variant of punk
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2