Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands

Go down 
+12
Vacantgreen
Fenrir
Lord Kur
PortraitOfSanity
The Great Wesdirect
Goat
Goat Christ
PerYngveOhlin
Kerberos
Master Cthulhu
Haimerej
Knightfall
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

Number of posts : 2659
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:57 pm

A lot of people consider Marduk's Dark Endless to be one of the first black/death albums, and that is an awesome album. I guess some of Belphegor's early works are good as well, Behemoth sucks with the exception of their first two albums.

Also, Teitanblood. Not Teiranblood, I failed.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 2609
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Behemoth's death metal is decent. Their black metal was pretty boring.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:36 pm

I love Grom. That is an awesome album.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Teh Lezboah
Goat

Number of posts : 1368
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:13 pm

Warluster wrote:
I was surprised by the number of good bands listed.

However I thought this thread would be about death/black metal bands as in bands that mix the two genres. Black/death metal has a long history after all.

But then I found out that it was just people listing death metal and black metal bands. Pity.

Judas Iscariot is pretty average at times, but he has some moments of brilliance.
Most 'extreme' bands I like are of this black/death sound)) should be apparent to u in time.
AHh I hate "war metal" tag Very Happy it's like "goat metal"
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Wait, what did he say about Judas Iscariot? How did I not see this before...

Judas Iscariot is the epitome of USBM, not even Black Funeral is better, there will never be a better American band.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:28 pm

psh not even close.

I mean, I like that band, but it's not amazing.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Teh Lezboah
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Akhenaten was/is also a virgin.
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:30 am

War metal is a real genre though, Goat. Or, at least, it's a description used by many and accepted as the official description of a particular style of music.

War metal is basically what black metal should have become at its most extreme.

Per: Well, maybe the reason I feel that way is because I hate most USBM. USBM in general fucking blows. You've got some gems like Von and Agalloch and Black Witchery, but most USBM is bland, generic, boring, stupid, etc. Most of it sucks so badly it's almost unbelievable.

The best areas in the world for black metal, as far as I'm concerned are South America (especially Brazil), Scandinavia and Canada.

I'd say Japan, too, except that Japan doesn't have very many bands. The bands they do have are FANTASTIC, like Sigh. But they just don't have very many bands like that.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:35 am

Japan sucks for everything, if there was one country I could have carpet bombed it would be Japan. I hate everything from that island, except nintendo and television, obviously.

USBM isn't that bad, it is just hard to find the good. Xasthur, Leviathan, Judas Iscariot, Grand Belial's Key, and Wolves in the Throne Room, which, while a hipster band in image, has some good music. The US is one of the worst places for black metal though. I've been listening to a lot of French stuff lately, mostly, but not entirely, LLN stuff.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Teh Lezboah
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:51 am

Warluster wrote:
War metal is a real genre though, Goat. Or, at least, it's a description used by many and accepted as the official description of a particular style of music.

War metal is basically what black metal should have become at its most extreme.
War metal is not very descriptive and is used pretty much equally over bands like Conqueror and bands like Bolt Thrower.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Teh Lezboah
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:51 am

Per, Japan has Sabbat.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:24 am

One awesome thing doesn't make the whole island worth anything. Americans have Judas Iscariot, I still don't like America. France has the LLN and Peste Noire, but the French still suck. Hotdogs have tasty sourkraut, hotdogs still suck, just give me the sourkraut.

The only action by the American government in the last hundred years that I aprove of is the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Fuck the Japs.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Teh Lezboah
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:23 am

True true
Back to top Go down
Death's Hand
Zombie
Death's Hand

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:06 pm

PerYngveOhlin wrote:
One awesome thing doesn't make the whole island worth anything. Americans have Judas Iscariot, I still don't like America. France has the LLN and Peste Noire, but the French still suck. Hotdogs have tasty sourkraut, hotdogs still suck, just give me the sourkraut.

The only action by the American government in the last hundred years that I aprove of is the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Fuck the Japs.

Fuck YOU, Japan rocks. Vibrant, rich, culture...extremely entertaining and interesting history, video games, zen, and the list goes on. BTW...it's SAUERKRAUT, dipshit...you don't hesitate to spout off about your asinine view of the world based on your flawed belief in Nazism and the like, yet you can't even fucking spell SAUERKRAUT(nor "approve" for that matter)...ignorant fuckwad. By the way, you type all this shit out as if someone actually gives a shit about your pov...I find that fascinating. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Japan has Boris.
Back to top Go down
Death's Hand
Zombie
Death's Hand

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Japan has Boris.

That too. Feedbacker & Pink FTW.
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:50 am

Yeah, I don't know what Per is talking about, but Japan has some fantastic bands.
Sabbat, Sigh, Boris, Gonin-Ish, Gallhammer, etc. come to mind. All great bands.

Also, Xasthur blows. So many people like that gay shit. And that one dude in Xasthur is a fucking loser who tries too hard.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:54 am

Of that the only good one is Sabbat. Sigh is an insult to black metal, Gallhammer is like audible shit, and Boris needs to stop changing their sound. The drone stuff is good, but the rest is complete shit. Gonin-Ish might just be the worst band that you listed, which is sad because I fucking hate Sigh and Gallhammer.

I find Xasthur to be awesome. Malefic is a genius.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Warluster wrote:
Also, Xasthur blows. So many people like that gay shit. And that one dude in Xasthur is a fucking loser who tries too hard.

I almost banned you for this.

Well, not really, but still.

I no longer enjoy your company.
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Xasthur is great.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:58 pm

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Xasthur is great.

^
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Whatever. Almost all American black metal blows. Von, Black Witchery and Agalloch is the best the US has to offer probably, as far as black metal goes.

I've only heard very little by Gonin-Ish, but I liked what I heard. I think Sigh is great. I don't know how they're an insult to black metal. Their mid era stuff is just godly experimental darkness.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:40 pm

Agalloch is excellent, but I wouldn't call it black metal. Maybe dark ambient/metal, like Darkspace, but not black metal.
Back to top Go down
Death's Hand
Zombie
Death's Hand

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:08 am

I'd label them folk/black metal.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Warluster wrote:
Whatever. Almost all American black metal blows. Von, Black Witchery and Agalloch is the best the US has to offer probably, as far as black metal goes.

Idiot, you are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands   Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Death/Black Metal bands
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next