Metal Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Mayhem forums are a place for fans of Metal, Rock, Punk, and good music in general

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wtfru Listening to?

Go down 
+15
NECROPHAGIST
Fenrir
PortraitOfSanity
I_am_the_black_wizard
Haimerej
PerYngveOhlin
Knightfall
vintage_disturbed56
Blackwater-RiD
Phil
Kerberos
Death's Hand
Goat
Lord Kur
Master Cthulhu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Haha. Well if it doesn't turn up, no worries. Like I said, I appreciate the effort.

Good luck on recovering your music. Also, if you need any music let me know. That goes for most everyone else on here, I guess. I have a huge collection and it's all high quality stuff.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

Number of posts : 8624
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Satanic Warmaster - The Burning Eyes of the Werewolf

Behexen/Satanic Warmaster Split = awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

Number of posts : 2659
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Wondering why so many people like Behexen makes my brain hurt. Sub-par black metal is sub-par.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Sure that's not the cocaine making your brain hurt? Behexen is good.

Solitude Aeturnus - Transcending Sentinels
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:38 pm

No, I`m sure it`s the Behexen. It is kinda bad.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Not really.
Back to top Go down
Goat Christ
Fresh Meat
Goat Christ

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 7:02 pm

PerYngveOhlin wrote:
Wondering why so many people like Behexen makes my brain hurt. Sub-par black metal is sub-par.

Say what you will about Behexen, that split is one of the better (finnish) black metal releases of the past two years.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 7:40 pm

GG Allin - Violence Now
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:59 pm

GG Allin is cool. I gotta kinda agree with Per on this one. Not a big fan of Behexen.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Goat Christ wrote:
PerYngveOhlin wrote:

Say what you will about Behexen, that split is one of the better (finnish) black metal releases of the past two years.

Beherit. Engram.
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 12:05 am

Yeah, that was good. Beherit can really do no wrong. Band is fucking elite.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 5:57 am

Orchid - Lights Out
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Inquisition - Unholy Magic Attack

I`m really regretting ignoring the South American scene for so long, Inquisition is really good...
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:15 am

THANK YOU! That's what I kept telling you. Inquisition is great. And the South American scene in general is one of the richest. From Sarcofago onward SA has tons of great savage metal acts.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 am

INRI and Inquisition are pretty excellent, anything else I should have checked out but haven`t?
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Infection
Fenrir

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Fornfamnad - Finntroll
Back to top Go down
http://www.headbangershaven.com
Master Cthulhu
Fully Converted
Master Cthulhu

Number of posts : 2609
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Inquisition is pretty fucking great.
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Yeah, there's a lot of people who don't like Inquisition, but I love them. They're pretty unique sounding and fantastic.

There's lots of great stuff, Per.
Besides Sarcofago, Vulcano is a great early savage band to get. I'd probably get their first full length, Bloody Vengeance. Not as many people remember Vulcano, but they are actually one of the earliest black metal bands ever, along with Venom and Bathory, but they just aren't as well known, like Bulldozer and Death SS. They might be the most brutal sounding of the earliest extreme metal bands, too.

Argentum from Mexico is pretty fantastic. They're a 90's band. Get their first album, Ad Interitum Funebrarum. Super dirty evil black/doom. The album is dedicated to a few people, "and the Mighty Evil itself Over the Planet: Euronymous and Dead."

And then there's Parabellum, which is band not many people have heard of here. They're an 80's extreme metal band from Colombia that supposedly Euronymous liked. I'd get their compilation, Tempus Mortis. A lot of people don't care for Parabellum (their sound is so lo fi and noisy that some people don't like it), but they were the heaviest most brutal evil sounding black/death metal of their time and they are still one of the most brutal bands I have ever heard to this day, which really says something. Their first release was in 1987, but was supposedly written in 1984, which is UNBELIEVABLE for how brutal this album is. It's unreal.

I posted about Parabellum and Vulcano in the black metal section a while back. You can check out some videos there.
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com/black-metal-f48/vulcano-t733.htm
https://metalmayhem.forumotion.com/black-metal-f48/parabellum-t734.htm
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:59 am

Vulcano is pretty excellent, not sure if I like Parabellum though, it kinda reminds me of Grindcore, which I`m not a fan of.
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Madgod
Knightfall

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:39 pm

I really like Sarcofago and Inquisition. I'll be sure to check those out as well.
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Yeah, I dunno. Parabellum is not every person's cup of tea, but I personally dig them. And, yes, they do have a lot of punk influence in their sound, which I happen to think is cool. A large part of black metal is punk anyways.

I used to absolutely hate grindcore. Then I started listening to crust punk. I started with early crust, because of its similarity to early black metal/early extreme metal and it came out around the same time. Then I listened to more and more crust and I really liked it. After that grind didn't seem so bad. I actually like some of it now.

Haha, that's funny you don't like grind, though, Per. From what I've understood Marduk is one of your favorite bands (I love them, too). Marduk has tons of similarities to grind in their sound. Their drum beats. The super fast brutal blast beats. And the really active bass.
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:40 am

Yeah, Marduk is more the exception than the rule.
Back to top Go down
Warluster
Doomsower
Warluster

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:30 pm

I hear ya. I liked them long before I ever liked grind. Grind really differs from band to band, too. There's lots of great grind and lots of crap grind. Also, like black metal, crust and most underground music, it's a genre that's changed a lot over time and there are different eras/movemwents that sound really different.

You like Repulsion, Carcass or Bolt-Thrower?
Back to top Go down
PerYngveOhlin
Aryan Dronefag
PerYngveOhlin

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:50 am

I like Anal Cunt, too, and I hear that they are grind. I always just thought of them as noise/punk with humour. Stuff like Fuck I'm Dead, which was actually the first grindcore band I was ever exposed to, is just not good by any measure in my opinion.

I like early Bolt Thrower, haven't looked into the later stuff though. Haven`t heard enough Repulsion to form an opinion on them, and I don`t like Carcass very much at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wtfru Listening to?   Wtfru Listening to? - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wtfru Listening to?
Page 21 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next